torsdag 3. desember 2015

SWEET TOOTH

It has been a while since I've updated this blog. Luckily, there is a good reason for it ( at least I think it's a good reason..). I've been extremely busy the last 6 months making my 3rd year film, SWEET TOOTH.

The start of 3rd year at Uni was like an unstable, dramatic roller coaster ride..
The end of 2nd year, us in pre-production was preparing ourselves for pitching our film ideas for 3rd year. After only a week back after summer, the day had come. I was pitching my idea Sweet Tooth, this idea I had developed through pre-production of a comical horror about a bakery were all the cake would come alive and eat all the humans, as a little bizarre, but funny short film.

The pitch it selves went pretty fine, I went into make-jokes-be-funny-nervous mode, instead of choke-on-your-words-and-forget-everything mode. The worst part of the pitch was definitely the waiting. The crucial countdown. Then, everything seems to be over, and you can relax.. until..

They turn you down. My project was not chosen, and this was a big disappointment, of course. Making my own film in my 3rd year at Uni had been my goal since I started, and through pre-production second year, it all seemed like my project was a go. Apparently not. I know this is how its going to be after uni, rejections and dreams crushed, but then the only thing is to try again, a new idea, a different project, something. I quickly tried to make a new plan for my final year, to make the best out of it and focus on what I want to improve, witch is storyboarding. So for a couple of weeks I was helping fellow students out with their own storyboards.

THEN, the tutors had a change of heart and gave Sweet Tooth the thumbs up after all. Now, all I have to do is to prove within 10 months that Sweet Tooth is an awesome idea and will be an awesome short film, maybe (hopefully) win some awards here and there. Again, hopefully.

So, let all hell break loose and let it be cake!
(more about the film will continue..)
   

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar