søndag 10. januar 2016

SWEET TOOTH 3D environment




Sweet Tooth takes place in a nice, modern, but still rustic cafe. To use for reference, our 2nd year crew member Flo Green made this really nice and really helpful 3D model in Maya, by using my overlook sheet and some pins from my Pinterest board for Sweet Tooth.
By using the view finder and take screen shots, we can get the angles and perspective we want for different shots, so sooo helpful.

I've been working this way on some other projects I've storyboarded. Making a lot simpler 3D model in Maya (I'm not an expert in Maya, but I know basic stuff, and especially if it's only for my own reference use), makes it so much easier, and it is really helpful to find new angles by playing around with the camera. I then take a screen shot and just trace the picture, or the details I need, in Photoshop. It's not only helpful with angles and perspective, but also to realise the space you're working with. When I started to try some storyboarding for Sweet Tooth, many of the scene where lacking the feel of space, and the cafe often got the feel of a football field than a cosy cafe.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar