fredag 17. oktober 2014

The Reel

After a lot of back and forth working with the people on The Reel project, it came to a point where I spent too much time on sketches and storyboard ideas that they liked, but weren't exactly how they wanted it. I started falling behind my pre-production projects and needed to catch up on them, or finish working on this storyboard.

We sorted it out with finally sitting down talking through each scene and how they wanted it, making very rough sketches and then I drew them in Photoshop. This is something we should've done weeks ago, but we're all new at this and I feel with animation I've almost only learned the hard way. So far. Or you can call it experience I guess. 


So the storyboard turned out more like a layout and concept pieces for the 3d modeller. For one of the scenes (shot 11, a broken bridge between two cliffs) they made a 3D block model of the scene and how they wanted the angle for that specific scene, since I was struggling to get the perspective how they wanted it. It was actually very helpful to just make a quick layout in Maya and then use the render view and screen shoot it. I'll probably use this 'technique' in the future.    












Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar