torsdag 17. juli 2014

Inspiration and plans

When I want to look for some inspiration or tips, I take a look at this tumblr site

http://grizandnorm.tumblr.com/


These two are some amazing animation artists (or visual development artist and storyboard artist) and they post so many good tips for all kind of animation stuff (mostly pre production). 

Looking at what they do, it has given me some thoughts about what I want to do. As written earlier, I want to go into 3D pre production. Doing backgrounds and character design is really fun, and I find it challenging and learning new stuff all the time. I've also discovered a new talent I didn't know I had, storyboarding. Or talent may be a little too exaggerated; I enjoy it and apparently do a good job at it. But I feel I have so much more to learn about storyboarding. More interesting angles, what they mean, how to not make it too boring and straight on shots, and so on. Griz and Norm post every now and then some notes about storyboarding, but I definitely need to go deeper into this. 

After doing some reading in different books about animation and looking at blogs, I realize how important life drawing is for animation and understand why our lecturers are trying to make us see how important it actually is. I really want to become good at life drawing, this was my first time doing it this year, so I'm planning on taking a semester or maybe a year with just life drawing after university.  I think this would approve my drawings a lot. As well as it's fun.

Now it's summer, and I'm brining my sketchbook on my interrail trip around Europe, hopefully finding some inspiration for my 3rd year project (in 2015/2016) or maybe just some random fun sketches..   




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar